Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Could Feel His Spirit

Before I got pregnant with my third son, Collin, I had a dream that I gave birth to a little girl and we named her Melissa. I told my husband (now ex) about it and was about to tell him what we named her when he blurted out - "Melissa". I was surprised and we decided that we must have a little girl named Melissa waiting for us.
Several months later, I did get pregnant and we talked about Melissa coming to join us. I was about three months pregnant and I very clearly could feel a sweet little boy hanging around me often. I told my husband, you'd better pick out a boy name, because this is not a girl. He wondered what happened to Melissa. I said I didn't know, but this is a boy.
A couple of months later when I had an ultrasound, I kept referring to the baby as "he" and the tech asked me if I'd already had an ultrasound. I replied that I hadn't, I just knew it was a boy. He said, "Well, you're right!"
Collin James was born March 10, 1997 and he is still a sweet boy.

No comments: